Thursday, April 30, 2009

We're gonna party like it's 2009!!!

Happy Poem In Your Pocket Day!!!


Today is the day when you have a perfectly legitimate excuse to carry around a poem and read it to dozens of people. In fact, if you come read it to us, we'll give you chocolate! Not that I'm saying you shouldn't do it every day of the year, but some people might think you're strange. I, on the other hand, would probably decide that we should have coffee.


Our shop has only been open for a little more than an hour this morning and I have already been graced by one of our customers reading "Forecast" by Carl Phillips. I really enjoyed it, and am really excited about discovering a contemporary poet I hadn't known before. That's what today is all about, sharing a love of poetry! I think it is perhaps both the most worthless and most necessary art form we have, and I do love it!


-Wally

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home