Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Mary Doria Russell


Dreamers of the Day is the latest offering by author Mary Doria Russell. I had not heard of her before, but after reading this book all of her other books moved onto my bedside table. Dreamers tells the story of the Cario Conference (where the Europeans divided up the Middle East according to their own desires) through the eyes of a retired school teacher from Ohio touring the region. I did not know much of the history of that time, and this book got me started in that area and let me begin to understand how many parallels there are between then and now. This is definately a must read for people who wonder how we got into such a muddle in the Middle East, but who also like personal stories mixed in with their history.

This book is available on March 11, 2008

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home