Sunday, May 30, 2010

Books that wander

Hello.  Shellie here.  I hope that everyone is having a glorious weekend.  It sure is pretty outside! Although, I have so much yardwork waiting for me tomorrow...well, let's just say I'm glad that I get a quiet day indoors today. 

Have any of you ever noticed that when you call the bookstore to ask about a particular book, we will typically ask you to hold on while we physically find the book and hold it in our hands?  Are we eccentric?  Well, sure.   But we're practical, as well.

You see, the books around here, they wander off.  Wally has likened them to socks in the dryer.  It's happened to us on more than one occasion.  A book will be pop up in our inventory as being "in-store" and then upon investigation--no book! 

Where do they go?  Do they have a favorite hiding place?  It's a mystery.  I like to imagine that perhaps they enjoy getting lost and found...a little like hide-and-seek.

Speaking of socks in the dryer, all of this reminds me of a wonderful picture book that we have called Smitten by: David Gordon.  It's the wonderful love story of a sock and a mitten.  Hope you love it as much as we do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home