Monday, November 5, 2007

It's November Already!

Hey, I have to tell you that time is really, really flying these days. So in the last week, I've been reading the rest of the Carol Berg Revelation series, Alcatraz vs. the Evil Librarians, The Naming by Croggen, a kid's book called "Tennysen"and a lot of picture books. I found the Carol Berg series very satisfying with a well thought out world with a very interesting main character that held my interest throughout. Alcatraz is a kid's/teen book that feels a lot like Terry Pratchett with it's weird reality and commentary. Tennysen is not out for months, but when it does come out look for me to staff pick the absolutely fabulous book. My review will talk about this very special girl just waiting to fill a special place in your heart. The Naming reminds me of the Dragonsong books by Ann MacCaffery a great mix of music and magic. I'm still reading a lot and there's more to read. This bedside stack is marvelously deep.

2 Comments:

At November 5, 2007 at 6:39 PM , Blogger Pamarian said...

Hi Laura, I am your first "comment" Thanks for
delivering the report. You do
give good service. Speaking of service, think I will just order the books I need from now on from your nifty web page. It is very nice. Can't wait for the librarian links.
Sorry about Mary Oliver..I am disappointed! Now we have to wait a year!!
Pamarian

 
At November 5, 2007 at 6:45 PM , Blogger Brandon Sanderson said...

Boise, eh? I went through there on tour last month! Too bad I didn't know about your store then. I'll make sure to stop by next time.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home